Spicy Onions and Sausage. Slice the sausage lengthwise but not all the way through. Add to the skillet cut side down. Heat till good and caramelized and crispy.
Add potatoes and onions; bring to a boil. This one-pot Smoked Sausage with Peppers and Onions has just the right balance of sweet and spicy flavors, from a touch of added honey and crushed red pepper. With only four main ingredients, this thirty-minute meal is perfect for a busy weeknight, it's inexpensive, and the whole family will love it! You can have Spicy Onions and Sausage using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Onions and Sausage
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of paste.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yellow prepared mustard.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/2 of large onion about 2/3 cup.
- It’s of Sausage.
- It’s 1/2 pound of beef sausage 2 links.
- You need 2 of hotdog buns.
Brush the onions with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill on the same pan you grilled the sausages. Put the grilled sausages in the pot. Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet is a super-flavourful comfort food. It's an awesome meal for a busy weeknight dinner, weekend, or game-day party.
Spicy Onions and Sausage step by step
- Heat a skillet. Slice the sausage lengthwise but not all the way through..
- Add to the skillet cut side down. Heat till good and caramelized and crispy. Chop the onion..
- Add the onions..
- Turn the sausage. Sauté the onion..
- Add the sauce ingredients and mix well. When the onions are translucent and soft add them in the sauce. Mix well..
- Add the sausage to the buns..
- Top off with the onion sauce. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
It's not a secret to anyone that I'm a huge fan of one-pan meals or skillet recipes. Sauteed red, green and yellow peppers are a traditional and tasty choice to top Italian sausage, and they work well on nearly any type of sausage. You may want to mix them with onions for a delicious combination. On a second baking pan, combine sausage slices, onion, and peppers. Toss with the butter mixture that was set aside.