Stuffed onion. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. In the drippings, saute chopped onion until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and parsley.
Trim top edge of onion to make a wide, even opening. Put the onions, cut-side up, in a baking dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. You can have Stuffed onion using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed onion
- You need 4 of Medium onion preferred yellow.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- Prepare of I cup uncle rice.
- It’s 1 cup of ground meat beef or lamb.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of dry mint.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of each.
- It’s of Salt,pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, all spices.
- You need 3 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Tomatoes sauce.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 11/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Drain, cool and remove centers of onions, leaving shell intact. Stuffed onions — yes, onions! — are the best thing you're probably not making. The bite of these alliums is sharp when raw, but a double bake seriously mellows their flavor, giving them a mild, gentle sweetness that's the perfect vessel for savory stuffings. With a triple-layer shell, the onions are sturdy enough to hold the sausage.
Stuffed onion step by step
- Cut the onion head clean the skin slice in half not all way till you get to the heart then stop.
- Boil the onion over medium heat for 15 minutes drain and cool with your fingers the cool cook onion start peeling easy don’t worry.
- Mix the stuffing and use full tablespoon of it and stuff the onion and roll it.
- Get the sauce ready heat it up add it over onions cook in the oven at 500 f for 10 minutes when you see the broth boiling cover the onion reduce the heat to 350 and cook for 40 minutes enjoy.
Add salt and pepper to the bread crumb mixture if desired. Place the onions in a greased baking dish and fill with stuffing. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Place onions in a large saucepan. Stuffed Onions – An Easy Appetizer What I loved about this dish was that each "stuffed" onion just uses a single layer of onion and that the presentation was so beautiful.