Leftover Steak with Onions. This is a delicious sandwich and a great way to use up leftover steak — I really don't even bother measuring out the exact amounts, the amounts I have listed I think are pretty close to what I use when I make this sandwich, you may adjust the ingredient amounts to suit taste, and to save some time you can fry the onions and mushroom/garlic mixture well in advance — it's not really. Let your leftover steak come to room temperature and then, pop it in an airtight container with the onion gravy. When you're ready to reheat, simply place the steak and gravy in a pan and reheat it on the stove top until the steak is warm.
A great example of using steak as a condiment. Originally when I made this steak dish, it was intended for my steak sandwich recipe, but since this is also so good over rice, I felt it deserved it's own post. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. You can have Leftover Steak with Onions using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leftover Steak with Onions
- You need of Steak.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of leftover steak.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare of Tortillas and such.
- You need 6 of medium size flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black ripened olives sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut oil to fry the tortillas.
- Prepare To taste of chili garlic sauce the one with the rooster on it.
Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bobby Flay's Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich piles chopped steak, grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms topped with a melty Provolone cheese onto a sturdy roll — using leftover steak really. Stuffed with flank steak, gorgonzola, sautéed onions, and jalapeños, they're easy to make and will be gone in seconds. All you do is sauté your onions and jalapeños until their soft then add some olive oil in a pan and add a tortilla.
Leftover Steak with Onions step by step
- Stack the steak then slice into 1/4 inch strips. Heat the oil..
- Fry the steak in the oil with a little salt and the ground cumin. Heat the peanut oil to fry the tortillas then fry about 20-30 seconds per side. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Heat the peanut oil and slice the onions. Add the onion to the hot oil. After 3 minutes add in the sugar and then the salt. Stirfry the onions for about 15 minutes..
- Build the tortillas with sour cream, then olives, onion, and sliced steak..
- Almost done now add the chili garlic sauce. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add your steak, cheese, onions, jalapeños, and another tortilla then flip. Dress up your leftover flank steak with a caramelized onion-and-bell pepper mix and all the fixings. Everyone can customize their fajitas with toppings like fresh cilantro, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Cook down onion and green pepper in butter until soft. Add broth and soy sauce and bring to boil.