Onion Miso Pork and Cabbage. Cut green onion slivers and soak them in ice water to make green onion curls. Julienne cabbage and carrots and make a slaw but without any dressing. Either fire up your grill or heat frying pan on medium heat.
Finish cooking with a medium flame. Move stir-fried vegetables to the side of pan. Add pork and stir-fry until the color changes. You can cook Onion Miso Pork and Cabbage using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion Miso Pork and Cabbage
- Prepare 5-6 1/4 inch of slices pork.
- It’s 1/4 of green cabbage.
- Prepare of Marinade-.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red miso.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 of onion grated finely (with daikon oroshi grater).
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger tubed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic tubed.
- You need of For Sauce-.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground sesame seeds.
- It’s of For Cabbage-.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ra-yu.
Saute onion in a pan until it's cooked. Taste the sauce and add extra Miso or Soy Sauce if required, depending on the saltiness of Miso you use. Heat Oil in a large frying pan of wok over the high heat, cook Pork Mince and Ginger. When Pork changed colour, add Cabbage and cook, stirring, until Cabbage is softened.
Onion Miso Pork and Cabbage step by step
- Chop cabbage finely, grate onion, and grind sesame seeds in a suribachi..
- Cut pork roast into 1/4 inch slices..
- Combine marinade in a bowl..
- Massage marinade into pork slices, let sit for 10-15 mins..
- Cook pork slices in a skillet on medium heat for about 1 minute on each side, flip over once again for 30 seconds and then set aside onto a plate. Leave remaining marinade in the bowl..
- Add remaining marinade into the pan, heat until bubbling, turn off heat and add ground sesame seeds, return pork to the pan and coat in sauce. Remove pork to the plate..
- Add the butter, cabbage and Ra-yu to the pan. Heat on medium and sauté the cabbage for 3-4 minutes..
- Serve with rice (or hot noodles) and vegetables. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156607-pan-fried-okra-with-ginger-marinade This is a great side dish to serve it with..
Melt the butter, in the same pan you cooked the pork chops, over medium-high heat. Take off the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Chop the cabbage into bite-sized pieces. Place the cabbage on a baking sheet, leaving room for the pork. Brush the cabbage all over with the melted butter; season with salt and pepper.