Sweet Onion Rice. Add garlic and onion, and stir until the onion becomes transparent, but stop before the garlic starts to turn brown. Add rice and continue to sir until all the … Stir in rice, and continue cooking until coated with oil. When onion is tender and rice begins to brown lightly, season with pepper, and pour in the broth.
Caramelized sweet onion, seasoned with soy sauce and mirin, this simple Sweet Onion Takikomi Gohan is a flavorful and aromatic mixed rice to accompany your next Japanese meal. In a large ovenproof skillet, preferably cast iron, on low heat melt the butter. This wonderful combination of sweet onions, Swiss cheese, and rice is a tasty side dish for anything from grilled meats to roasted poultry. You can have Sweet Onion Rice using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Onion Rice
- You need 1 of onion sliced thin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- Prepare 2 cups of short grain Japanese rice.
- You need 2 of scallions chopped.
In the meantime, in a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Prepare rice according to cooking directions; set aside. A hearty casserole made with brown rice, sweet onions, and smoked Swiss cheese. Adapted from Cooking Light's Sweet Onion Casserole.
Sweet Onion Rice instructions
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add soy sauce and mirin and continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Add rice to instant pot or rice cooker.
- Add onions and 2 cups of water.
- Cook rice on normal rice setting. For instant pot, pressure cook for 4 minutes then natural release for 15 min.
- Top with scallions and Enjoy!.
Savor the sweet onion and richness of the rice immersed in this low fat snack. Explore a jolt of true flavor in each crispy bite with H-E-B Rice Crackers. Gluten-Free, Savory Onion flavor; Japanese Usuyaki style rice cracker and made in the U. We have benefited from the technological expertise of the leading rice cracker. Sweetness is the red onion's greatest strength.