Pan-fried Mackerel with Grated Onion Sauce. While the mackerel is cooking, grate the onion and garlic into a bowl and mix with the soy sauce. Method Put the onion, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, one tablespoon of the oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Transfer the tomato mixture to a.
Season the fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down in the pan. Sprinkle the mackerel fillets with salt then cut in half. Put the oil in a frying pan and add the mackerel skin side down. You can have Pan-fried Mackerel with Grated Onion Sauce using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan-fried Mackerel with Grated Onion Sauce
- It’s 4 of mackerel fillets.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Chopped green onion to garnish.
Rub it on the meaty side of the fish. All that's left to do is pan fry the fish in a fairly hot pan with a little oil. Marinate the mackerel in the hoisin sauce while you prepare the veg. Cut the spring onions and cucumber into thin matchsticks, and separate the lettuce leaves.
Pan-fried Mackerel with Grated Onion Sauce step by step
- Sprinkle the mackerel with salt. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and cook the fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side..
- While the mackerel is cooking, grate the onion and garlic into a bowl and mix with the soy sauce..
- When one side of the mackerel has cooked (3-5 minutes), turn and fry the other side on the same heat for another 3-5 minutes..
- When the mackerel is golden and crispy, add the onion sauce to the pan with the fish and cook for few minutes..
- Serve, garnishing with chopped green onion..
In a small pan, soften the onion in the butter. Mackerel roll in flour and fry on both sides. Fold the fish into a deep plate and cover with the sauce. Add the sauce and turn to medium low. Rub the fillets on both sides with the paprika and a little salt, then set aside.