Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! By Anne Marie Sweden Hamburger steak and gravy is exactly that way.
And man is it a comforting, hearty meal. Remove the patties to paper towels. If NOT MAKING GRAVY, continue cooking the onions until they turn golden brown and caramelize. You can have Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy
- Prepare of Hamburger Steaks.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced onions.
- You need 1 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of and a splash of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Remove onions and serve atop hamburger "steaks". An all-time classic and easy-to-make this Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe is sure to get rave reviews from your family. It cooks quickly for busy weeknight meals. After trying this for the first time, Lincoln exclaimed, "This tastes like a hamburger!" I couldn't help but giggle.
Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy step by step
- In a lg. bowl mix together ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, and worchestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties..
- Heat oil in a lg. non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry patties and onions until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove patties to a plate and keep warm..
- Sprinkle flour in onions and drippings. Stir in flour with a wisk scraping the bits off the bottom of pan as you stir. Gradually stir in beef broth and sherry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to gravy, cover & simmer another 15 minutes..
INSTRUCTIONS Mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and then form thick patties. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the burgers with onions until golden brown. Place them on a plate and keep them warm. Traditionally hamburger steak and gravy is smothered with onions and served with mashed potatoes or rice, but I have served it over noodles as well. Pair with a cooked vegetable, fresh sliced garden tomatoes and biscuit bread to complete your meal.