Goat Meat Stew. Stir in potato, carrots, and peas; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. This goat meat stew recipe may be served with a salad, on rice, millet, couscous or various flatbreads. Note: Arrowroot is a gluten-free starch.
Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet. This dish is about balance, about flavour profiles, one of the most flexible dishes in Nigerian cuisine, why? It goes on/with everything, soups with pounded yam, boiled yam, potatoes, fried plantains, beans… Above all, my favourite combination of all time is Goat Meat Stew with hot white rice. You can cook Goat Meat Stew using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goat Meat Stew
- Prepare 15 of Fresh Tomatoes.
- You need 4 of tatashe.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil,.
- It’s 2 kg of Goat beef.
- Prepare 3 of onion bulbs,.
- It’s 5 of Habanero Pepper.
- It’s 4 of Stock Cubes.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of large piece ginger.
- You need to Taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cube of spring onions.
Rinse goat meat in cold water and clean with lime halves. Apart from the goat meat and offal pepper soup, there was always the goat meat stew. This stew was always prepared by my mother and my father's sister (may God rest her soul). It was made with fresh tomatoes and red rot pepper.
Goat Meat Stew step by step
- Wash and cut goat meat into chunk size place in a pot and add water, onion, pepper, curry, 2 stock cube and salt to taste. Cook the meat until done and then fry for a few 5mins set aside and reserve the beef stock..
- Grind the tomatoes, peppers, tatashe, ginger, garlic and onions. Pour the ground tomato mix into a pot and leave to boil until the consistency is thicker and the excess water has dried up..
- Heat up the vegetable oil and, add some diced onions. Add the dried up tomatoes and fry for about 25 minutes or until the tomato loses its sour taste. Stir continuously to prevent burning at the bottom..
- Add the goat meat stock, stock cube, salt to taste, immediately add goat meat and cook for 10 minutes. Toss in the spring onions and turn off heat.
- Serve with rice and plantain..
During those times, the kitchen was at the back of my father's house and all I did was watch from the window of my. Boil goat meat with salt, pepper and some chopped onions in a medium pot until tender. I sometimes use the pressure cooker to shorten the process. Reserve the stock for later use. Birria is the most popular Goat Stew in Mexico from the Jalisco region.