Fried Goat Meat Stew. Add your goat meat to the hot oil to lightly fry it. This step first seasons the oil with a unique onion and goat flavour while locking in the flavours in the meat. Remove fried meat and set aside.
When applying garlic to your dish you first peel off the outer layer by using a clean knife to gently peel it off. When ready, the oil collects on the surface of the stew. Rice and fried plantains are another good side dish option for this African goat meat stew. You can cook Fried Goat Meat Stew using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Goat Meat Stew
- It’s 1/2 kg of goat meat.
- You need 1 kg of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 7 of fresh habanero Pepper.
- You need 3 of Tatashe.
- You need 1 tsp of Curry powder.
- Prepare 2 of cksp veg oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of big size Onions.
- It’s 4 of knorr cubes.
In just about every Nigerian household, tomato stew is a regular fixture. We use it to make the famous Nigerian Jollof ; we also use it as a base for other soups like plain okro or ewedu. Return goat meat to the sauce and pour in reserved marinade and beef stock. Stir in potato, carrots, and peas; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. (The Igbos are not really known for their stew or adding bell peppers to it.
Fried Goat Meat Stew step by step
- Wash and boil the goat meat with salt, knorr cube, onions till it's cooked through and it's tender, set aside.
- Blend tomatoes with tatashe, pepper, onions, and set aside; heat up pot or frying pan on heat add veg oil and fry the meat a little bit..
- Use same oil pour in the blended tomatoes paste and allow to fry, stir so it doesn't burn. cook till the water dries off and the sour taste is gone.
- Pour in the goat meat stock and stir in little water if necessary and simmer on lower.
- Add salt, knorr cube and curry finally. add the fried meat, allow to boil very well then bring down. Serve with boiled white rice.
The Yorubas are experts in preparing delicious pots of stew with red bell peppers that slay to the heavens.). Growing up in Nigeria, goat meat wasn't something we ate ordinarily and on a daily basis, but these days, you can make it for Sunday dinner and for Thanksgiving. The following goat meat stew recipe can be made with boneless goat stew meat but much of the nutrients, richness and traditional flavors will be missing. This is a simple goat meat stew recipe. Today we are talking about Tasso Kabrit which is fried goat meat, the best option for those people who are staying away from the pork griyo (they don't dine on the swine LOL).