Goat meat stew with some potatoes. Goat meat stew with some potatoes welma. Initially meant to be a vegan stew but my friend from the south of Africa has to taste some meat so ended up combining the two🤤🤤 #themechallenge. Stir in potato, carrots, and peas; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. You cannot only make this stew with goat meat. You can cook Goat meat stew with some potatoes using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goat meat stew with some potatoes
- You need 1/2 kg of pre-cooked goat meat.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes, diced 3 inches.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
- Prepare 1 of tspn ginger+garlic paste.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 of tspn Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tspn cumin powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Oil to start.
- Prepare of Broth or water.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Chili powder.
- Prepare of Coriander, chopped.
- It’s of Curry powder, optional.
But you can do some variations with it using chicken, beef or pork instead of goat meat. In a large pot, add goat meat, and spices – beef seasoning, curry powder, thyme, meat tenderizer, garlic powder, ginger powder. By this time the meat should be soft and tender. Stir in the potatoes, onion, garlic, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
Goat meat stew with some potatoes step by step
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Place a large skillet or pot on heat then add oil. Once hot add your potatoes and fry for 5 minutes(outside starts forming brown coating).
- Add your cumin seeds, onions, ginger-garlic paste, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add your meat followed by crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder,curry powder and salt. Mix till well incorporated. Add the water/broth. Mix, cover pot and bring to boil then let the stew simmer for around 7 minutes under medium heat or till the potatoes are soft enough..
- Garnish with coriander. Serve with rice or chapati and enjoy🤤🤤🤤.
Modje is a delicious goat meat stew, that originates from the Cape Verdean island of São Nicolau. This version calls for both goat and lamb meat and variety of root vegetables: mandioca (yucca), inhame (African yams), batata doce (white sweet potatoes), regular potatoes, squash and green bananas. This is a list of notable stews. A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables (such as carrots, potatoes, beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc.), plus meat, especially tougher meats suitable for slow-cooking, such as beef.