Nice goat stew. Stir in potato, carrots, and peas; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery and pepper in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet.
Above all, my favourite combination of all time is Goat Meat Stew with hot white rice. The plain white rice lets the complex and amazing flavours of the stew shine, the flavoured and spicy oil from the stew making the grains glisten, the soft smoked goat meat, sliding off the bone and melting in your mouth… Goat is available from many good butchers and can be ordered on-line. This Moroccan spiced goat stew recipe gives a wonderful, warm spicy flavor to the tender chunks of meat, and when served with flat breads or simple plain, boiled rice makes a wonderful autumn or winter supper dish. You can have Nice goat stew using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nice goat stew
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 kg of goat meat.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- You need of dhania for garnish.
How to Make Goat Meat Stew In a large pot, add goat meat, and spices – beef seasoning, curry powder, thyme, meat tenderizer, garlic powder, ginger powder. By this time the meat should be soft and tender. Curried Goat Stew — An amazing recipe for goat stew that is intriguing and spicy without being overly hot. A stew widely consumed in the Caribbean and Africa.
Nice goat stew instructions
- Season the goat meat with salt and pepper and pat dry. Using a heavy skillet, brown the goat (in batches) in olive oil over medium heat. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add onions and ginger to the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, green bell pepper and cinnamon. Cook and stir another 5-10 minutes..
- Add the tomato paste, stock and water (or wine) to the pan. Return the goat meat to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes on low heat..
- After 40 minutes, add the tomatoes. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Taste for seasonings and heat. Add salt and freshly ground pepper as needed. Sprinkle with dhania before serving..
Okay, I know that goat meat can be off-putting and you may have some reservations about eating it but don't be so quick to dismiss it yet. Add the goat and garlic to the Dutch oven with the onions; increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the goat is browned. Stir the tomatoes, cinnamon stick, apricots, saffron and chicken stock into the Dutch oven with the spiced goat. Apart from the goat meat and offal pepper soup, there was always the goat meat stew. This stew was always prepared by my mother and my father's sister (may God rest her soul).