Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan. This is the first Puerto Rican dessert on Kitchen Gidget. I've shared my family's favorite Puerto Rican food recipes, like Puerto Rican Beans, but no This ensures the flan cooks evenly with a soft, silky texture. For the best texture, use room temperature ingredients and cream cheese that is well softened.
Flan is a traditional Puerto Rican dessert. We've all eaten it and love it. Puerto Rican Flan de Queso (Cheese Flan). You can have Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan
- Prepare 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweet Condensed Milk (regular size).
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 box of 8oz cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
Puerto Rican Flan de Queso: a cheesecake baked custard dessert with caramel sauce that's not too sweet thanks to cream cheese! #desssert #video. Flan is a traditional Puerto Rican food dessert and is a delicious light alternative to a cheesecake. First, you must prepare a bain-marie. How to Make Puerto Rican Flan Cheesecake. in a blender,beat the eggs then add cream of coconut and vanilla and mix to combine.drop in cream cheese and blend until smooth.pour mixture in the loaf pan,over the sugar.
Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a blender, mix evaporated & condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cream cheese. Mix well all the ingredients..
- In a sause pan, place the sugar and leave it set on low fire. Stir ocassionaly with a fork until sugar melts and makes a caramel. (WARNING: Do not touch the caramel with your hands. It will burn you.) Also, do not let the caramel boil. It will get burn and you might have to start over..
- Once you have the caramel done, remove from fire and pour it over a baking pan (not sure the size sorry), or cup cakes pans, and make sure caramel covers the bottom of the pan..
- Pour the milks mixture over the caramel, and place it in the oven for about 45 mins-1 hour or until you stick a tooth pick and comes out dry. Place it in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight which is better..
- Enjoy !! :).
Easy Cream Cheese Flan Recipe (Flan de Queso) Puertorican Dessert. Welcome to Jeff & Jo's Puerto Rican Kitchen, where we share easy-to-make, authentic Puerto Rican recipes. Add yours. add flan mixture into pans. bake over (BAÑO DE MARIA)a little water inside the outter pan about half way. Make these amazing Puerto Rican desserts your gateway into Latin American culture and cuisine! Puerto Rican cooking is a unique blend of different cultures—Spanish, African, Taino, and American.