Raw mango coconut rice. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the rice and stir to coat with the oil. Add the coconut milk, water, and salt; bring to a boil.
Now without removing this powder from mixer, add grated coconut, grated raw mango, red chilli, hing, haldi, coriander leaves and salt. Grind this mixture without adding water. Add the required quantity of ground mixture to cooked rice and mix. (do not add the whole of the ground mixture to the rice at first. You can have Raw mango coconut rice using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Raw mango coconut rice
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rai.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic(chopped).
- You need 1/2 of raw mango (chopped medium).
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas (boiled).
- It’s 1/2 of onions (chopped).
- You need 1/2 of capsicum (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of Bell peppers (chopped).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1 cup of Rice (soaked 1 hour).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper (crushed).
- You need 3 tsp of desi ghee.
Take a pan and add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ground nuts and saute it. Then add chana dal, urad dal, dry red chillies, green chillies slices, salt and saute it. Then add grated raw mango, grated coconut, saute it and add curry leaves. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Raw mango coconut rice step by step
- Add desi ghee in a pan, add rai to it and saute, then add onion and garlic to it and cook..
- Then add raw mango, capsicum, bell peppers, peas to it and cook..
- Add all the masalas (salt to taste) rice to it and stir it..
- Then add coconut milk and water to it and cook the rice..
- Raw mango rice is ready to serve..
Add sweet onion, ginger and garlic, if using. Add rice and stir until grains are coated with butter. Rice that is full of tropical flavors and zing. This is vegan, gluten free and this mango coconut rice combines the best of both worlds – Raw mango rice & coconut rice in my book. I don't generally make any New Year Resolutions but this year I made one especially where blogging is concerned.