Mango Sticky Rice. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Using a fine mesh strainer, rinse rice. Bring pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat.
It is typical street food in Thailand, especially during summer, when mango is in season. This dessert is also popular in other South East Asia countries, including my hometown, Malaysia. While rice cooks, put coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. You can cook Mango Sticky Rice using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Sticky Rice
- Prepare 1.5 cup of glutinous/sweet rice.
- You need 1 cup of instant coconut milk (I am using Kara Brand).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seed.
- It’s of Mangoes.
Cook, stirring, just until sugar is dissolved. Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices.
Mango Sticky Rice step by step
- Wash the rice and soak overnight. The next day, drain the rice and steam for about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar, salt, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and stir in coconut-milk mixture. Let rice stand, covered, 30 minutes, or until coconut-milk mixture is absorbed..
- If you find the rice is still hard, steam the rice again for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with mangoes and toasted sesame seed.
Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Mango sticky rice is served warm or chilled, and it is usually eaten with a fork or spoon. It is sometimes eaten with the hands. How to Store and Reheat If you have leftovers, it's best to store the sticky rice and sauce separately. Place your rice mixture in serving bowls with fresh mango on top; pour the coconut milk mixture over the top and serve while warm.