Azadi Rice Kheer. Keep stifring to incorporate the starch from the rice into the milk and to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating. Flavored with cardamom, nuts & rose water, it's the best way to finish off an Indian meal.
Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is simlar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes. One of the most favourite Indian dessert rice kheer can be made quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. To make the rice kheer, wash and soak the rice in enough water for half an hour, drain and keep aside. You can cook Azadi Rice Kheer using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Azadi Rice Kheer
- It’s of For Kheer.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Basmati Rice (Soaked).
- You need 1 Litre of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Cardomom Powder.
- Prepare 50 gms of Khoya.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Kewra Water.
- You need of For Topping.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Coconut (Shredded).
- It’s 2-3 Drop of Food Colour (Green).
Discard the water and heat the milk in the same pan and bring it to a vigorous boil. Rice kheer is basically rice pudding made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. It is also one of the most popular kheer variety made in the North Indian cuisine along with Seviyan Kheer (Vermicelli Pudding) and Phirni (thick rice pudding). I learned to make this rice kheer recipe from mother-in-law.
Azadi Rice Kheer instructions
- In a Grinder add Rice and Grind until turned into a thick paste..
- In a Pot add Milk. Bring it to Boil..
- In it add Grinded Rice Paste. Cook for 8-10 Minutes. Stir in between..
- Add Sugar in it and Mix until Dissolved..
- Add Cardomom Powder and Mix. Cook on Low Flame for 10-15 Minutes. Stir in between..
- Add Khoya and Mix Well..
- Add Kewra Water. Mix until Thickens. Turn off the Flame and put it in the Fridge..
- For Topping Mix Green Food in 2 Spoons of Shredded Coconut..
- Make a Flag with the Shredded Green and White Coconut..
- Yummy Kheer is Ready..
- Enjoy your meal..
Traditionally, kheer is made with basmati rice. Aged basmati is fragrant and its long grain adds texture to this kheer. However, you can use short grained rice too if that's what you have. Just be mindful of how long you cook it, so that it doesn't break down completely and turn to mush. In a heavy bottom or non stick pan/kadai add milk and bring it to a boil.