Coconut milky rice. In a large pot over medium heat, combine rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt. Rinse and drain rice in cold water. Place in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt.
I've been making a version of this for years to serve with any curry-type dish. No salt because usually the main dish has enough. Coconut milk rice is a simple one pot traditional rice recipe made by cooking rice in coconut milk along with spices. You can cook Coconut milky rice using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut milky rice
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 2 cup of Coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbs of small onion sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp each of Garlic ginger chopped.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- It’s 3 of green cardamom.
- You need 2 of cinnamon leaves or bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peanuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of cashew pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need as needed of Red chilli dry for garnishing with tadka.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
The aroma of this coconut milk rice is simply exceptional & outstanding. It is usually eaten with some curry or a raita. Coconut milk rice is quite popular in coastal regions of South India & is made in many ways. Shake up the can of coconut milk before opening.
Coconut milky rice step by step
- First soak rice with one glass of water for 1/2 an hour and take one coconut grated grind in mixy with 1 glass of water and squeeze and drain coconut milk again do the same procedures then u can get 2 cup of coconut milk. Now take a pan heat oil and add all dry masalas full and saute for a little get nice aroma then add ginger garlic till raw smell goes add onion till pinkish add peanut and cashew roast for a minute..
- Now drain water a the saute rice till easy to stir add salt and all powder masalas and and roast just for seconds now add coconut milk and shift in a microwave cooker or bowl mw for 11 minutes and make tadka for cashew and red chilli and pour on rice.garnish with coriander leaves and cashews serve hot with mixed raita and mango pickle (kadug manga) and enjoy the flavour of rice..
Combine coconut milk, water, rice, and salt in the bowl of your rice cooker. Set the rice cooker to the quick cook setting and start the cycle. If your rice cooker does not have this setting, just use the shortest setting available. While making coconut milk rice, few whole spices are added into hot oil. This makes the dish aromatic and flavorful.