Narali bhat/sweet coconut rice. maharashtrian sweet coconut rice recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. an interesting and flavored rice recipe made with coconut and jaggery. the recipe is typically made in maharashtra during the celebration of narali poornima or the full moon day. it is extremely simple and easy to make, and may not necessarily be made during the full moon and can. Indian Sweet Coconut rice is easy and delicious. A traditional celebration rice, kid-friendly Narali bhat is fragranced with cardamom, saffron, and cinnamon, for an amazing aroma and taste.
Meanwhile boil coconut milk, water, pinch of salt. Narali Bhat Recipe – Sweet Coconut Rice Narali bhaat or Coconut bhat is a traditional recipe from Maharashtra prepared with fresh coconut, jaggery and spices mixed with rice. This tempting coconut bhat is really easy to make. You can cook Narali bhat/sweet coconut rice using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Narali bhat/sweet coconut rice
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basmati rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated jaggery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- You need 2-3 of cardamom.
- It’s 5-7 of saffron strands soaked in one tbs milk.
- You need 6-7 of cashews.
- You need 8-10 of manuka/ raisins.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled water.
- It’s 1 tbs of ghee.
Traditionally, this delectable coconut rice is prepared with jaggery, but you can substitute it with sugar as well. Add ghee in a hot pan, in this add ground coconut paste and saute well for few minutes. Add the soaked rice, raisins, cashew nuts and pinch of salt (it increases the taste of sweet dishes), mix the entire ingredients and saute the rice nicely. Narali Bhat Recipe This is a popular Maharashtrian (India) sweet rice recipe which is cooked with white rice by adding sugar or jaggery and coconut flakes or milk.
Narali bhat/sweet coconut rice step by step
- Rinse the rice well. Keep aside for 30 minutes. Heat the ghee in a pan on medium low flame..
- Add cashews and fry till it becomes golden. Remove from the pan. Add raisins and fry it well. Remove from the pan..
- Add cloves and fry well. Now add rice and roast for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add cardamom and mix well. Then add hot water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes..
- When the moisture gets reduced it means rice is cooked almost ninty percent. Now add fresh grated coconut stir lightly..
- Add grated jaggery and soaked saffron and mix carefully. Cover and cook on low flame till rice is completely cooked. It will take approximately 10 minutes..
- Narali bhat is ready to serve..
This is made during the occasion of narali poornima or the full moon day. The addition of some crunchy dry fruits makes it more delicious. Narali Bhat This Narali Bhat recipe is a simple recipe made with coconut, jaggery and rice, garnished with cashew nuts, raisins, saffron and almonds. This traditional Maharashtrian recipe is very filling, fragrant and tasty. Sweet Coconut Rice from Maharashtra In Maharashtra, Narali Bhaat is traditionally made for Narali Poornima.