Ginger cookies (freezer cookies).
You can cook Ginger cookies (freezer cookies) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginger cookies (freezer cookies)
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground clove.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
Ginger cookies (freezer cookies) instructions
- Cream the sugar and butter in a medium size bowl..
- Add the egg to the sugar butter and mix..
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until its a dough.
- Roll the dough a 1 inch thick tube shape.
- Roll up the dough into parchment paper and place in the freezer overnight..
- When you want to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350º and cut the dough into 1/4 inch thick slices..
- Oil a cookie sheet. Place the cookies on the pan, 2 inches apart. Poke the cookies with a fork once..
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or till golden brown..
- Cool the cookies 5 minutes before serving and Enjoy!.
- Optional- These cookies are great with or without frosting. If you like, you can make a frosting with powdered sugar and milk..