Rice Halwa. Kerala Style Rice Halwa is a special halwa made with raw rice. Soak the rice for two to three hours. Drain out the water and grind it along with coconut to a fine paste.
When boiling starts, add the rice and cook it completely by reducing the stove to a low heat. Kavuni Arisi Halwa or Black Rice Halwa is a traditional halwa recipe prepared by constant stirring of black rice paste in coconut milk and made richer by adding ghee. Kavuni arisi halwa/ Black rice halwa is a delicious and flavorful halwa originating from chettinadu cuisine. You can cook Rice Halwa using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Halwa
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 cups of grated Jaggery.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk,thick.
- It’s 3 cups of Coconut milk, thin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- It’s 10-15 of chopped cashews & almonds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ghee.
Rice Halwa Rice & Coconut Milk Halwa, a Kerala special halwa made with rice flour, coconut milk and jaggery. The texture of the halwa is similar to sooji halwa, with just one difference – the taste of sama rice is felt in the halwa. A dairy-based rice flour halva, known as Pathein halawa, is considered a Burmese delicacy native to Pathein. Neenu's Tasteworld, Making of halva using rice flour, jaggery, cardamom, ghee, coconut oil, coconut milk and cashew nuts.
Rice Halwa step by step
- Clean the rice & put it in the mixie,grind till it becomes powder.Roast it in a karahi till it becomes pink.keep itaside..
- Add grated jaggery & coconut milk in a pan or. Heat this mixture until the jaggery melts completely..
- Now add rice flour, little at a time and mix well without lumps..
- Cook this mixture on a medium flame, until it becomes thick. Keep stirring..
- Now and add the thick coconut milk. Mix well..
- Keep stirring continuously & add 1 tablespoon of ghee. Stir constantly,cook for 30 minutes Can add more ghee,when needed..
- Add chopped cashews & almonds.Serve hot..
How to Make Rice Halwa Mix black rice flour, sugar, coconut milk thoroughly. Halwa Recipes-Talk about Indian desserts, homemade halwa comes to mind! For many, it's a quick-fix for satiating their sweet-tooth. I remember my mother making a quick sooji or atte ka halwa that we generally enjoyed after lunch. The piping hot sweet and satisfying halwa made our day and how!