Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it's completely cooked. Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant.
Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing with the rest of the rice. Spicy, sweet, salty, this spicy sardine fried rice packs a flavourful punch. You can have Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice
- Prepare 8 sheets of banana leaves.
- You need of For the rice:.
- You need 3 cups of rice.
- You need 45 ml of instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice).
- Prepare 3 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemongrass, pounded.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of For the filling:.
- It’s 1 can (425 gr) of canned sardines.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 10 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of green chili peppers, diagonally sliced.
- It’s 5 of bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional).
- You need 100 gr of stinky beans, cut into 2 (optional).
- Prepare leaves of some Thai basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar or to taste.
And it's so easy to make, and requires ingredients you may already have in the kitchen. A malaysian favourite, cook this tasty, easy dish today. Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice banana leaves • For the rice: • rice • instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice) • Indonesian bay leaves • lemongrass, pounded • salt • For the filling: Humble and oftentimes despised, locrio de pica-pica (Dominican rice and spicy sardines) is considered a poor man's meal, and a favorite of informal get-togethers. when on a tight budget. For some, it is also a comfort food. 💙I'm Mayang(Filipino) a drafting student from PH ️Introducing Filipino Foods; Pork Belly, Fried Eggs, Noodles, Prawn Crackers, Spicy Sardines, Rice, Maja Bl.
Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice instructions
- Mix all rice ingredients. Use a rice cooker to cook it. When cooking button is up, open the rice cooker lid and stir the rice well. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it’s completely cooked..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant..
- Add green chili peppers and bird eye chili peppers. Mix well..
- Add sardines. Season with salt and sugar..
- Add stinky beans. Stir until the stinky beans half cooked. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1/8 part of rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/4 part of sardines mixture in the center of the rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side. Yum! 😋.
Make the sardine filling by mixing together the sardines, mayonnaises, pepper, red onion, chilli and lemon juice. Split the sardine filling equally between the four rolls and then place the first three rolls on to the hot sandwich press. Portuguese grilled sardines recipe What you need. Slices of lemon (as much as you want). Four stripped and bruised rosemary sprigs.