Coconut Chicken Curry. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Coconut curry chicken has TONS of variations; from South India to Thailand, no two curries are exactly the same.
Lower the heat to medium-low and add the fish sauce. Add coconut milk and water and bring to a. Add the marinated chicken and stir well. You can cook Coconut Chicken Curry using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken Curry
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of Boneless chicken.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of white onions.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- You need of Spinach.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Thumb-sized piece of ginger.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- You need 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Coconut oil.
How to make Coconut Chicken Curry Cook the chicken: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add the chicken to the Dutch oven and season with salt and pepper. It's packed with delicious flavors and is the perfect weeknight dinner. Pair Coconut Curry Chicken with rice and/or naan bread.
Coconut Chicken Curry instructions
- Cook rice in salted water.
- Dice chicken.
- Grate carrots.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic and onions.
- Heat coconut oil in wok. Add onion and sautée until soft.
- Add chicken, season with salt/pepper/oregano then fry for 5mins.
- Add lime juice/ginger/garlic and cook for further 2mins.
- Add carrots/curry powder then stir immediately. Add coconut milk, stir to combine and simmer for 5mins.
- Add spinach to top of dish, allow to wilt before mixing in.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Serve alongside rice.
A side of roasted carrots or roasted sweet potatoes would also pair nicely. Toss chicken with curry powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened,. Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry is an easy to make and healthy weeknight curry dinner recipe. Low-cal, low-carb, and HEALTHY but tastes like comfort food!!