Rice Kheer. Kheer is the original rice pudding, which became part of western cuisine through the British. I like this, but my husband and son didn't (too 'spicy' for them). Rice kheer is undoubtedly the King of Kheers!
The chawal ki kheer made at the Padmanabha Swamy Temple in Kerala is world-famous. Rice kheer is a popular Indian sweet dessert made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. Rice kheer is easy to make and is made with a one pan or one pot method. You can cook Rice Kheer using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer
- Prepare 1/2 ltr of milk.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of rice.
- You need 1 cup of mixed & chopped dry fruit-cashews,raisins,almonds,chirungi.
- It’s as needed of Some fox nuts.
- You need as required of Some grated or chopped coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of ghee.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of milk powder (optional).
Rice kheer is basically Indian rice pudding and makes for a creamy delicious pudding. Kheer is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or just prepare it as dessert at home after a hearty dinner. Ingredients of Rice Kheer (Chawal Ki Kheer) Recipe: Sweet dish of rice cooked. Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar.
Rice Kheer instructions
- Soak the rice into the water for at least 30 min then wash it nicely.Heat 1/4 Tsp ghee on a pan and fry the soaked rice for 1 min..
- Boil the milk in a deep pan and add rice,stir it then add chopped dry fruit and fox nuts.Cook at low flame for 20 min.and stir after few mins..
- Now add sugar and milk powder and mix it.Cook for 5-10 min more at low flame.Kheer is ready..
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Chawal ki kheer or rice kheer is a traditional rice pudding made for most occasions in Indian homes. Kheer and payasam are the terms used interchangeably and both are derived from the sanskrit terms "ksheer" & "payasa" both meaning milk. Rice kheer is made with full fat milk, rice, sugar and cardamom powder. Traditionally, kheer is made with basmati rice.