Coconut milk pulao. Coconut milk pulao is a simple recipe with rice cooked in the creamy coconut milk, a specialty of south Indian food. Coconut milk pulao One of the most flavorful and delicious mixed veg pulao. It can be prepared using coconut milk or water.
The mild flavour of this Coconut Milk Pulao makes it ideal to serve with spicy vegetable curries like Spicy Kofta Curry, Aloo Lajawab, Matki Aur Palak ki Curry or Double Beans Curry. Coconut milk pulao recipe is a must-try. HighlightsPulao is a popular rice meal in India. You can cook Coconut milk pulao using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut milk pulao
- You need 3 cup of long grain rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 of Coconut's milk.
- It’s . 2 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s . One tablespoon of ghee.
- Prepare . Half inch of ginger.
- Prepare . Half tablespoon of sugar.
- You need as per taste of . Salt.
- It’s of Whole spices.
- It’s 1 table spoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tez patta / bay leavf.
- Prepare 2 inch of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 to 4 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 4 of black pepper.
Coconut milk pulao is a must-try Soya Nuggets make a good substitute for mutton/chicken in this pulao. The dish provides all the goodness and nutrition of a complete meal when served with raita. To add a twist, cook the pulao in thin coconut milk instead of water, to get an even more flavourful Soya Matar Pulao. Goan Prawn Pulao With Coconut Milk Goan prawn pulao is a quick and easy Indian rice recipe made with shrimps and coconut milk.
Coconut milk pulao instructions
- Coconut milk pulao is a one pot, 3 step dish and is one of my mom's recipe. In a pressure cooker and 2 tablespoon oil and fry all the whole spices for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the coconut milk, take the grated coconut in a mixer and grind it with half cup water. Then separate the coconut water from it.
- After the whole spices add half cup water and allow it to boil. After 3 to 4 minutes add the soaked rice in it. And add grated ginger to it.
- Then add the coconut water to it. Saute it gently for 2 to 3 minutes in medium flame. Add salt and sugar. Cover tightly and allow it to cook.
- After 10 to 15 minutes open the cooker. Check if the rice grains are cooked or not. Then add ghee on top of it with some black pepper powder. Serve pulao with some dalma or raita.
This is a mildly spiced pulao recipe with prawns and is kid- friendly too. I have added Goan green masala to this prawn pulao with coconut milk which makes it mouth-watering delicious. Coconut Milk Green Pulao is a simple, flavorful and delicious dish in which basmati rice is cooked with coconut milk, vegetables, herbs and spices. It is a very nutritious and wholesome dish with loads of vegetables. This can be packed for lunch box also.