Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Rendang darek ('land rendang') is an umbrella Rendang kunyit or Rendang Kuala Pilah or Rendang kuning: yellow-hued rendang, uses fresh turmeric, lemongrass, and coconut milk but with. This yellow rice or Indonesian calls 'Nasi Kuning' usually only serves for festive occasion and shaped into a cone with different sidedish.
Indonesian yellow rice is usually eaten during special events, served with Rendang and Ayam masak merah. Add a drop of water and allow the rice to heat up while stirring. Keep the rice moist and season of with some pepper and salt. You can have Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice
- Prepare of rendang :.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef no fat.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- You need 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (koya kelapa).
- You need 2 cm of galangal.
- Prepare 8 of shallots.
- You need 10-15 of red chilies.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts.
- You need 5-6 of dry cloves and 4 dried cardamoms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s To taste of beef stock powder.
- You need 2 packets of Indofood Rendang paste.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Yellow Rice:.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- You need 4 cups of mixed water and coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s To taste of chicken stock powder.
Rendang can be served with white rice, but also ketupat (a kind of pressed rice cake), lemang (sticky rice cooked in hollowed bamboo stick), and vegetables such as cassava leaves or young jackfruit. Each of the main ingredients used in the making of rendang has cultural and spiritual significance. Beef Rendang with Yellow Rice – Bali Bowl A simple meal of beef rendang and yellow rice coloured with turmeric. Put rice, turmeric water and all other ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice step by step
- Cut beef into bite sized cubes.
- Boil chilies, shallots,garlics about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside.
- Smash galangal and lemongrass.
- Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and then when it cold down blend it..
- When all are ready, pan fry beef untill golden brown and remove from the pan. Next step, Fry all ingredients untill fragrant and put in beef, stir and mix well, add coconut milk and some water,palm sugar, koya or desiccated coconut, and bring it to boil. Cover pan and turn into small fire, cook about 2,5 hours, during the process stir it somtime so that not sticky on the pan. add beef stock powder and taste it,, and Rendang is ready to serve.
- How to make yellow rice ? Use rice cooker is easier and faster, first wash 3 cups of rice, count water and coconut into 4 cups, smash lemongrass.
- Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Mix well. Turn on rice cooker and press cooking. 10 minut before it done, mix the rice again so that all colour and ingredients are mix well. Wait untill cooking process is done..
- When all have done, serve Rendang and Yellow rice,, and it is amazing, hope you enjoy to cook and love this food, :).
Cover and bring to the boil over moderate heat. Stir, lower heat to the minimum and cook until the rice is done. Whenever there is a wedding, first birthdays or someone passed away, Nasi Kuning is made and it is shaped in a cone and served with a banana leaf on top. Beef rendang is one of the original cuisines of Minangkabau descent and Sumatra's culture. It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons.