Black Rice Orange Pudding. Black Rice Orange Pudding Hey everyone, it's Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, black rice orange pudding. It is one of my favorites.
Black Rice Pudding with Plums & Orange India gave Britain its love for rice pudding. Black Rice Pudding with Plums & Orange India gave Britain its love for rice pudding. Eaten across the length and breadth of the Indian subcontinent, flavours and styles may differ, but rice, milk and sugar are the three main components that define kheer. You can have Black Rice Orange Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Rice Orange Pudding
- It’s 1/4 cup of Black Rice.
- You need 2 cups of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of orange.
- It’s as required of Few pomegranate seeds.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- You need 4-5 of pitted dates.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Date Syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
I chose Orange as it's in season and Black Rice to make it more healthy. I made Vegan too so I used Date Syrup and pitted Dates Place the rice in a saucepan, cover with cold water and a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Place the Arborio rice, milk, reserved orange zest, lemon zest, vanilla bean and seeds, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Rinse and drain glutinous black rice and glutinous white rice, then combine with sugar and water in a large saucepan.
Black Rice Orange Pudding step by step
- Soak Black Rice for 10 mins after washing. Cook Black Rice half done. Drain and set aside. Deseed the Dates.
- In the same pot add the half cooked black rice and add coconut milk. Bring it to heat. Stir. Add Date Syrup. Stir.
- Add dates, cardamom powder and on low flame keep stirring until your desired consistency.
- Once cooled add oranges and desiccated coconut. You can have it hot or cold. Plate.
Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Creamy black rice pudding is the perfect vegan, gluten-free decadent breakfast, snack or dessert. Black rice is cooked with coconut milk, coconut sugar, and spices until creamy. It is topped with coconut flakes, banana, and mango slices to create such a satisfying dish. How To Make Black Rice Pudding Place all ingredients for the rice in the inner liner of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.