Coconut rice. Coconut rice is a Thai style rice that uses a slightly different method than you would normally use to cook rice. Typically, you would bring the water to a boil first before adding the rice, but. In a large saucepan over high heat, combine rice, coconut milk and salt; bring to a boil.
Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to the lowest. Rinse the rice a few times, until the water that drains away runs almost completely clear. You can cook Coconut rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut rice
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
Put in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with coconut milk, water, sugar and salt. Martha Stewart Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Rinse the rice and drain well.
Coconut rice instructions
- In a pan, heat in the oil and sauté the onion.
- Stir in the ginger garlic paste and let cook for a minute.
- Add the desiccated coconut then the rice and mix well.
- Put the coconut milk, let i simmer then add in the water..
- Put the salt and cover. Let cook until all the water is absorbed..
Place it in a pot along with the coconut milk, water, and salt. Set over medium-high to high heat. Stir occasionally to keep rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot and burning. Coconut rice is a wonderfully fragrant addition to any Asian-style meal, and it's easy to make too! Just simmer jasmine rice in coconut milk until the grains are light and fluffy then top with toasted coconut flakes for extra sweetness and texture.