Green peas coconut milk pulao. Green Peas Pulav is a quick, healthy and tasty dish, perfect for your kid's lunch box. Green peas, rice, coconut milk pressure cooked with spices. Green Peas Coconut Milk Pulao is a perfect recipe to be packed in lunchbox.
Any recipe made with coconut is flavoral and makes the dish special. Add rice and fry for five minutes. Add tomato puree and stir well. You can cook Green peas coconut milk pulao using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green peas coconut milk pulao
- It’s 300 grams of basmati rice.
- You need 300 grams of fresh green peas.
- It’s 1 of Onion medium sized.
- Prepare 1 handful of Mint finely chopped.
- You need 2 spoons of Ghee.
- You need 6-8 of Green chillies depending on spice preference.
- You need 6 of cloves.
- Prepare 3 piece of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Marati mokku.
- You need 3 of Cardamoms.
- Prepare 2 cups of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon.
- It’s 2 spoons of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 7-10 of cashews.
Add coconut milk and stir well. Cover and cook over low heat till almost dry. Add salt, green peas and green colour stir well. Cover and continue to cook till done and dry.
Green peas coconut milk pulao instructions
- Take a pressure cooker add 2 spoons ghee and add cashews and fry till golden..
- When cashews are fried till golden add spices..
- Saute for 1 minute and add mint leaves..
- Saute for one minute and add lengthwise slit onions. Saute the onions for 30 seconds till onions are translucent. Do not brown the onions..
- Now add green peas and rock salt and saute for 30 seconds..
- Now add coconut milk and mix..
- Take another small pan and add 2 spoons ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off. Add this ginger garlic to the pressure cooker..
- When coconut milk starts boiling add basmati rice which is soaked for 20 minutes..
- Mix well till 70 percent water is absorbed by the rice, now close the pressure cooker and keep in low flame and allow it to cook in low flame for 20 minutes..
- When pressure goes off open the pressure cooker and add lime juice and fluff the rice..
- Serve hot with your favourite raita, paneer fry, egg fry etc..
Coconut Milk Green Pulao is a simple, flavorful and delicious dish in which basmati rice is cooked with coconut milk, vegetables, herbs and spices. It is a very nutritious and wholesome dish with loads of vegetables. This can be packed for lunch box also. In a kadai pour the oil and the ghee and once hot add the cumin seeds, pepper and green chilies and fry for a few seconds. Coconut milk pulao is a simple pulao recipe, where the basmati rice is cooked with aromatic spices and coconut milk, served with a spicy gravy.