Coconut rice. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Coconut rice is a Thai style rice that uses a slightly different method than you would normally use to cook rice. Typically, you would bring the water to a boil first before adding the rice, but.
Place in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt. Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to the lowest. You can have Coconut rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut rice
- Prepare 4 cups of rice.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of satchet coconut powder.
- It’s 3 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of bulb onions.
- You need 2 tbs of crayfish.
- Prepare 2 of bonga fish blended.
- You need of Salt, pepper, knorr.
- It’s of Spring onions, carrot, green peas, green pepper all chopped.
Coconut milk lends rice both fat and sweetness, making it a richer, more mellow side than plain rice. To make it, simply replace half of the cooking water with coconut milk. Martha Stewart Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked.
Coconut rice step by step
- Put your rice in a bowl, pour in hot water with a little salt and set aside..
- In a pot, pour in your coconut milk and powder, salt, crayfish and pepper. Allow to cone to a boil then wash the rice and add..
- Allow the rice to cook, once dry turn off the heat and pour the bonga fish and cover the pot..
- In a frying pan, put in the coconut oil, don't let it heat up much then put your onions then carrot and green beans.
- Put a little salt, pepper and seasoning, reduce the heat and mix the veggies well. Pour them all into the rice and mix properly..
- Taste for salt and pepper and your meal is ready.
Coconut rice makes a terrific accompaniment to many Thai and Indian dishes, but it's equally wonderful with nearly any Western-style entrée. Quick and easy to make, this vegan coconut rice recipe will come in handy for those times when you want to make dinner extra special without a lot of extra work. Coconut rice is a wonderfully fragrant addition to any Asian-style meal, and it's easy to make too! Just simmer jasmine rice in coconut milk until the grains are light and fluffy then top with toasted coconut flakes for extra sweetness and texture. The go-to rice for many Thai and Indian dishes Cooking coconut rice is really not any different from cooking any other rice side dish (such as Basmati rice).