Rice Kheer | Rice Coconut Kheer. Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Rice kheer is basically rice pudding made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. It is also one of the most popular kheer variety made in the North Indian cuisine along with Seviyan Kheer (Vermicelli Pudding) and Phirni (thick rice pudding).
Chawal ki Kheer recipe, Rice pudding with detailed step by step photos. Rice Kheer is undoubtedly the King of Kheers! It is made all over India. You can have Rice Kheer | Rice Coconut Kheer using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer | Rice Coconut Kheer
- You need 1/4 cup of soaked rice.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly grated coconut.
- You need as per taste of as per taste sugar.
- You need 1 litre of milk.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of desi ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare as required of as required Kesar,pista,kaju,almonds,etc.for garnishing.
Made by simmering rice and milk in heavy, large bronze vessels for a long time, this rice kheer has a rich taste and attractive pink colour that comes out of the natural thickening of milk. To avoid burning of milk use a non-stick heavy bottom wok or Kadai and frequently stir rice and milk mixture in low flame. To make rice kheer without sugar add sugar-free sweeteners when the kheer is ready. This easy rice kheer or chawal ki kheer is probably the most popular Indian dessert there is.
Rice Kheer | Rice Coconut Kheer step by step
- Wash the rice with water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes..
- Now drain the rice and keep it aside..
- In a pan add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee and now roast the drained rice in it. Now grind the fried rice coarsely..
- Also grind the sliced coconut. Add water while grinding if needed..
- Now add the remaining ghee to the pan. To it add coarsely ground rice and saute it. Add some water to cook the rice. Now add the coconut mixture to the pan. Mix both well. Now add warm milk to the mixture to obtain required consistency. Take care that lumps are not formed. Let the mixture cook for the next 10-15 minutes..
- After that add cardamom powder for flavouring. Your Coconut kheer is ready. Garnish the kheer with kaju, badam and Kesar strands..
Made with long grained basmati rice and sweetened with condensed milk, it's simple enough that you can make it often, and elegant enough to serve to guests! Rice Kheer Recipe – About Rice Kheer Recipe Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is simlar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes. One of the most favourite Indian dessert rice kheer can be made quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. Kheer is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or just prepare it as dessert at home after a hearty dinner.