Coconut fried basmati rice. How To Make Coconut Fried Rice Rinse and drain the rice. Toast the rice in a pan until nutty. Place the rice in a pan with coconut milk and broth over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
A great side rice dish the whole family would love and enjoy. Serve with any protein of choice. Coconut Basmati Rice This rice is delicious with Amber's Pineapple and Cardamom Chicken with Mint, but would also be great alongside curried shrimp or grilled lamb chops. You can have Coconut fried basmati rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut fried basmati rice
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1 can of homemade or shop bought coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken or beef stock.
- It’s of Mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper and onion chopped.
- You need of Curry powder.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s cubes of Seasoning.
Add the rice and remaining ingredients; stir to combine. Remove cinnamon stick and dried chile. Stir to fluff the rice and stir. Place rice in a fine strainer, and rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
Coconut fried basmati rice instructions
- Rinse the rice till water runs out clean and set aside. Place a pan on medium heat, add coconut milk, stock and rinsed rice and mix to combine(top up with water if need be, the liquid level should be an inch higher than the rice) reduce the heat and bring the rice to boil for about 8 to 10 minutes..
- Add curry powder, thyme, seasoning cubes, salt to taste. Mix everything together till well combined. Reduce the heat and cook rice until rice is cooked and fluffy, tender and light..
- Once the rice is cooked, add the chopped chillies to the rice and stir to combine. Take the rice off the heat and set aside. Place a work on medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and leave until hot, add mixed vegetables and chopped onions and stir fry till onions become translucent. This should be between 3 to 5 minutes..
- Add curry, thyme and seasoning to vegetables and stir together to combine and take it off the heat. Place the cooked coconut rice back on medium heat, add the stir fried vegetables and combine together..
- At this stage of the cooking, you shouldn't need to add water/stock to the rice. The remaining steam in the rice will do the job. Take the rice off the heat and serve..
The fluffiest basmati rice cooked in coconut milk and flavoured with curry spices. This complex carbohydrate choice is the perfect accompaniment to your lunch or dinner and perfect for those following a Vegan or Gluten free diet. New Years Eve in New York City had always been one of my biggest dreams. Add the beef broth and the creamy coconut milk in a cooking pot. Add olive oil, bay leaves, thyme, turmeric, curry and stock cubes.