Coconut Rice with Lentils(Kamande). Stir in lentils, turmeric, salt and stock; bring to a boil. Stir in tomatoes, coconut and mint. Serve with rice; top with yogurt.
Once the tomato base is ready, add in the boiled lentils/kamande to your food and stir together with the other ingredients. Add in the coconut milk into the sufuria and stir it together with the kamande. Then add in very little water bit by bit ensuring you do not add in a pond of water. You can cook Coconut Rice with Lentils(Kamande) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Rice with Lentils(Kamande)
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of Coconut milk(You can find the coconut milk in supermarkets).
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Knorr spice.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- You need of Coriander.
- Prepare of Salt, cooking oil.
In a large pot over medium heat, combine rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh lime juice and cilantro. Red Lentil Dhal with Coconut Milk, Spinach and Sweet Potatoes, a delicious vegetarian and vegan-friendly curry that is healthy and nutritious.
Coconut Rice with Lentils(Kamande) instructions
- Sort rice if dirty. Squeeze inside of coconut and make water out of it. Place coconut water in sauce pan and over heat..
- Let boil to your desire. Wash rice and set aside. Put salt snd oil and cook rice..
- Boil Lentils till ready..
- Prepare your ingredients by washing, peeling and grating ready for cooking..
- In a saucepan, fry onions in oil. Add ginger, garlic paste. Put tomatoes and hohos. Let mix. Add grated carrots. Let it mix through..
- Add lentils to the mixture. Let it simmer. Add salt to your desire and knorr spice. Taste to adjust any seasonings. Garnish with coriander..
- Serve while hot. Yummy.
Quick and easy to make, this dish is mildly spiced, which means the whole family can enjoy it. Add in the salt, pepper, turmeric and cumin. See recipes for Kamande stew, Potato stew with Lentils (Kamande) too. Red Lentil Dal with Toasted Coconut Rice is a cozy, flavorful, plant-based meal filled with aromatic spices, garnished with tangy yogurt, and finished with bright cilantro and lime. It's incredibly comforting, satisfying, and nourishing.