Coconut Saffron Rice 😊. Over medium high heat combine oil, rice, salt, saffron, garlic and onion. Stir another minute or until edges of rice begin to brown. Add chicken broth and coconut milk, being careful as it will sizzle like crazy!
Instead of choosing between saffron rice and coconut rice, I've combined the two into one recipe. The result is a beautifully golden rice that tastes wonderful and is great to serve company or take to a dinner party or potluck. I love saffron, and this saffron rice recipe almost brings me to tears every time I make it. You can cook Coconut Saffron Rice 😊 using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Saffron Rice 😊
- It’s 14 oz of Longrain Rice.
- You need 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 of of a pint chicken stock.
- You need of About 16-20 strands Saffron.
Something about the sweet coconut milk paired with saffron's bitter earthiness just makes me tingle. It's waaaay better than that yellow packet we used to get at the grocery store, that's for sure. How to Make Saffron Coconut Rice. Heat ghee in a large vessel or rice cooker and fry the spices for a few minutes.
Coconut Saffron Rice 😊 instructions
- Add the oil to the bottom of a heavy bottom pan with a good lid.heat up on medium heat add the lid for 30 secounds..
- Next add the rice to toast on the bottom close lid leave for 1 minute lift the lid and add the strands of saffron and stir then close the lid and leave for 1 minute..
- Add the Coconut milk and it will bubble the rice just stir it in. Also add the chicken stock, salt + pepper stir to mix even then turn down to low (simmer with the lid on for 10-14 minutes do not disturb no stirring..
- Lift the lid and pour out the rice if some is stuck to the bottom or if its burned leave dont mix or it will spoil the taste. Mine had a little stuck to the pan but not burned..
- Serve with a coconut curried chicken or most curries. Or on its own..
Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes Add saffron threads and toast another minute til the rice and saffron become fragrant but not browning. Add the coconut milk, rice will boil up, stir together and turn heat up to high. Add the chicken stock to the can off coconut milk and stir around to get out every last drop of coconut, add to the rice. Stir, add salt and bring to a boil. This simple rice dish is deliciously clean eat, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian friendly and serves as a great base for proteins and veggies (or both!) or even curries and sauces.