Coconut rice. No salt because usually the main dish has enough. Coconut rice is a Thai style rice that uses a slightly different method than you would normally use to cook rice. Typically, you would bring the water to a boil first before adding the rice, but.
Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to the lowest. Coconut milk lends rice both fat and sweetness, making it a richer, more mellow side than plain rice. You can have Coconut rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut rice
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk (400ml).
- You need 400 g of white rice.
- You need 400 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 8 of spring onions thinly sliced.
- It’s 1-3 of chillies finely minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion finely minced.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 50 g of dessacated coconut (optional).
To make it, simply replace half of the cooking water with coconut milk. Martha Stewart Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Coconut rice makes a terrific accompaniment to many Thai and Indian dishes, but it's equally wonderful with nearly any Western-style entrée.
Coconut rice instructions
- Saute the onion, garlic and chillies on a low heat until aromatic..
- Add the coconut milk, water and salt to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Once simmering add all the spices and bring to a boil..
- Once boiling add the rice and cook for 8 – 12 minutes or until the rice is cooked through..
- Stir in the dessacated coconut and spring onions, strain off any excess liquid and plate up..
Quick and easy to make, this vegan coconut rice recipe will come in handy for those times when you want to make dinner extra special without a lot of extra work. Cooking coconut rice is really not any different from cooking any other rice side dish (such as Basmati rice). The only difference is the addition of coconut milk and a pinch of sugar. To make easy coconut rice, all you do is add rice, coconut milk, water, salt and sugar to a pot and bring to a boil. You then turn the heat down to low and cover.