Sweet Coconut Steamed roll 🍛 (My fusion recipe). Great recipe for Sweet Coconut Steamed roll 🍛 (My fusion recipe). This recipe is completely my creation where you have to use rice flour for the dough and coconut and milk for filling. The main interesting part is you don't have to use any oil for this recipe.
These have a light coconut taste and are absolutely delicious paired with the hoisin chicken from Jamie's original recipe. These coconut buns are made of just two ingredients: self-raising flour and coconut milk. The dough recipe is quiet easy to follow and the filling used here is very simple. You can have Sweet Coconut Steamed roll 🍛 (My fusion recipe) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Coconut Steamed roll 🍛 (My fusion recipe)
- You need of For dough:.
- You need 1 cup of rice flour.
- You need 1.3 cup of boiled water.
- It’s of Salt as required.
- You need of For filling:.
- You need 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Cardamoms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powder milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of rice flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Food color (optional).
Dough can be filled with variety of vegetable, meat or sweet fillings. This coconut filling is also very versatile and can be used to fill puff pastries or even spring roll sheets to form spring rolls or samosas. Make the dough: In a small pot over low heat, whisk together cornstarch and water. Remove from heat, add in honey and ¼ cup milk and whisk until incorporated.
Sweet Coconut Steamed roll 🍛 (My fusion recipe) instructions
- Take a big bowl and put the rice flour and salt as required into it. Mix them. Now put 1.3 cup hot boiled water into it it and slowly mix them. Make it a perfect dough and cover the bowl to rest the dough..
- In the meantime, take a pan, put all the filling ingredients without sugar into it and heat it on stove. You can use some water into the mixchure if required..
- After 5-8 minutes, put the sugar into the liquid mixchure and cook it another 10 minutes. Now stop the flame and let it cool..
- Now take small portion of the dough and make round ball out of it flatten it and make round ball and roll it to give them shape as like roti..
- For assemble the roll: Place the roti on a clean working surface. Using a slotted spoon, place one heaping tablespoon of well-drained filling lengthwise across the bottom of the roti, leaving 1 inch bare on either side..
- You're ready to roll.Fold the left and right ends over the filling on either side. Then lift up the bottom (nearest you) and roll to the other end..
- Secure the roll by dipping your fingers in some water and wetting the end, "pasting" it shut.Continue rolling until you're out of dough and filling..
- Now take each roll and wrap it with foil paper very carefully. And place it for steaming. After it 100% boiled, take out the roll and place another one for steaming. After all done, stop the flame and let them cool..
- Sweet coconut steamed roll is ready to serve. Enjoy by unfolding foil paper and cutting. 😊.
Heat the milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a saucepan until a boil ( just below boiling). Remove from flame and let cool to warm. Punch down dough, and spread out on a floured board. Traditional Chinese steamed buns or mantou (馒头) is one of the most popular steamed bun recipes in Chinese food. In this post, you are going to learn the easiest way to make homemade steamed buns or mantou buns.