Coconut jollof rice. Coconut Jellof rice is basically jellof rice with added spices and fortified with coconut cream. In most West African countries, coconut is grated and the cream is extracted to be used for jellof coconut rice. In this recipe, I used tomatoes, onions, garlic salt, bay leaves, dried thyme and chicken.
Once it gets a good overall steam, add the rest of the coconut milk and start cooking till done. Top it up with water from time to time when necessary. For the tastiest Coconut Jollof Rice, make your own Coconut Milk if you can buy coconuts where you live. You can have Coconut jollof rice using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut jollof rice
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Tatashe.
- Prepare of Tatashe.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Tomatoe paste.
- Prepare of Coconut milk(You can make yours or tin made.
- Prepare of Maggi.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Curry.
- It’s of Cumin.
- It’s of Coconut oil.
Prepare the Tomato Stew base if you don't already have some. You should always have this in your freezer. Precook or parboil the rice following the procedure on How to Precook Rice for Nigerian Jollof Rice recipes. Dooney's Kitchen Tip: because this is coconut jollof rice, I am washing the rice first, as I am boiling the rice with coconut.
Coconut jollof rice instructions
- Blend tomatoes,Pepper,tatashe,bawa,Onions,blend coarsely add some coconut milk as the water to blend. Place coconut oil in pot grate some Onions?add curry,all purpose seasoning,cumin,fry for 3 mins add tomatoe paste on low heat fry for 5 to 6 mins add tomatoes and pepper mix.cook till it fries..
- Add the coconut milk to the fried pepper mix as the water to cook the rice,however I par boiled my rice for 4mins earlier,add seasoning and salt,i used 3 tins of tin coconut milk I could not find coconut most times I prefer making my own coconut milk its most tasty that the tin coconut milk,allow it to boil for 5 mins add your pre boiled rice mix taste and see if it suits your taste if not add more seasoning.cover with foil paper nd and cook under medium heat,stir to see if it's burning..
- Serve with your desired protein and cucumber as desire…yumyum.sorry i did not take most pictures..
Ordinarily, for Party Jollof Rice, I wash the rice after it has cooked to al dente. Now, you have your well washed rice, pour into a pot and cover the top with enough coconut milk just to barely cover the rice. Coconut Jollof rice is simply Jollof rice with a coconut twist. Coconut which is also known as Akuoribo in the western part of Nigeria is the foremost ingredient for this dish, as its milk is what gives that delicate coconut taste to your Jollof rice. Jollof Rice Coconut Milk is a one-pot rice dish.