Purple Coconut sticky rice cake. Purple Biko (Sweet Rice Cake) Biko is a sticky rice cake Filipino delicacy that is slightly sweetened and cooked in coconut milk. The addition of the black glutinous rice made it healthier and gave it a better texture when you bite into it. It is a combination of glutinous white rice (pilit) and black/purple sticky rice known as " tapol ", simmered in coconut cream, coconut milk, and brown sugar.
These violet sticky logs were cooked in specially-crafted aluminum steamers with bamboo. Ube Kalamay Kalamay Ube is a delicious sticky rice cake made with glutinous rice flour, purple yam, and coconut milk, Soft, chewy and delicious, it makes a great snack or dessert. A great make-ahead dessert to serve guests, this sticky rice treat is also a healthy low-fat dessert recipe (both gluten and lactose-free!). You can have Purple Coconut sticky rice cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Purple Coconut sticky rice cake
- It’s For of purple.
- You need 1 cup of purple sticky rice.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tsp of starch.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s For of white rice:.
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seeds for garnishing.
And there's no baking or steaming involved! – simply boil up a pot of sticky rice, mix it with a few Thai ingredients, then press it into a pan and let it sit overnight in. Beat the eggs and mix with sugar very well. Add coconut milk and glutinous flour, and combine until very smooth. The pairing of rice and coconut, a classic combination in Southeastern Asian sweets, is especially satisfying when using black rice instead of the usual white.
Purple Coconut sticky rice cake step by step
- Heat thick bottom container pour water and allow it to boil..
- When water gets bubbling then pour Coconut milk, starch, sugar, then add rice..
- Cook until rice should be perfectly cooked and becomes sticky mix well keep aside..
- Heat another container pour Coconut milk, sugar, starch mix them all and keep aside..
- Then add purple rice keep cooking this rice when it becomes sticky turn off flame..
- Take a mould place butter paper put cooked white sticky rice press equally purple rice on top of it press equally.
- Cut pieces sprinkle sesame seeds..
Grains of black glutinous rice, called black sticky rice or purple rice, vary from dark amber to black when dry, turning deep purple when cooked. Biko is an easy and simple dessert made with glutinous rice (aka sticky rice), coconut milk, and brown sugar. There are many ways to cook this popular homemade dessert. Some people cook the entire thing over the pot while some people prefer to use a rice cooker. I'm sharing the method I was taught as a kid.