(sweet coconut rice). Delicious sweet coconut rice that can be thrown in a rice cooker or done on the stove. This is great when paired with a Thai green curry or stir-fry! Ideally, make this with either jasmine rice or long-grain white rice.
Turn on to a plate and flatten with a greased plate or the back of a spoon. Also good served with fresh sliced mangoes or papaya. Jamaican Coconut Sweet Rice Jasmine rice cooked in vanilla coconut milk and sweetened with a bit of sugar, dusted with toasted coconut. You can cook (sweet coconut rice) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (sweet coconut rice)
- Prepare 2 cups of Basmati rice wash and drained.
- It’s 2cups. of Shredded jaggery.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of groundnuts soaked for 2 hours.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews and shredded almonds and raisins.
- You need 1/2 tsp of eliachi powder.
- Prepare as required of Few saffron stands soaked in 1 tsp milk.
- It’s 3-4 of cloves.
- It’s 2-3 of green elaichi.
- You need 3 tbsp of ghee.
This rice is so tasty, and it pairs perfectly with spicy foods like Jamaican Jerk Chicken or Pork. About a month ago we visited Montego Bay, Jamaica. Heat the coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and sugar in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over moderately high heat. While the rice cooks, in a small saucepan over medium heat combine coconut milk, sugar, and tapioca.
(sweet coconut rice) step by step
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a kadhai. Add cloves and elaichi. Add washed rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes..
- Add 4 cups of water, a pick of salt and cook the rice. It shouldn’t be sticky. Take out in a plate to escape the steam..
- When the rice is still hot add grated coconut and jaggery, saffron and mix lightly. The rice grains shouldn’t break..
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in another big kadhai. Fry ground nuts, cashews, almonds and raisins.When the colour changes, take out some for garnishing. add the rice..
- Add elaichi powder. Cook it for 5-6 minutes on a low flame. Garnish with the nuts. Your coconut rice is ready to serve..
Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Coconut rice variations are found across the globe, and the method of preparing varies by region. In a medium saucepan, combine all other ingredients including rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a barely bubbling.