Sticky Coconut Rice. Any dish on the continent of Asia that's served over rice can be served over coconut rice for an extra hit of flavor. Simply substitute half the water for coconut milk, and you're good to go. Using glutinous, or sticky rice puts you at an advantage, however.
Maybe a year or so ago? But at some point in recent months, this coconut sticky rice recipe became a regular staple in our diet. A repeat side dish so easy that every one of us can. You can have Sticky Coconut Rice using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky Coconut Rice
- Prepare 250 gms of arborio rice.
- You need 200 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of ripe mango.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of castor sugar.
Coconut sticky rice is served traditionally as a dessert in Thailand and Laos. It is an absolutely sweet, delicious, and savory dish that is topped with something just as sweet, traditionally mangos. Sticky rice with mango is one of the most popular Thai dishes that have hailed from the region. What does coconut sticky rice taste like?
Sticky Coconut Rice step by step
- Collect all the ingredients..
- Wash and soak rice at least for 5 hours as these rice are thick and short..
- Cook rice with water you will need to add water 2 or three times as thick rice don't let the rice dry..
- In a glass add coconut milk castor sugar and lemon juice mix it well when rice seems to be cooked..
- Add this to rice stir and cover the rice on low flame for 5 minutes..
- Make mango sauce adding 2 tbsp of sugar blend in a mixture jar and this mango pure cook for five minutes on the low flame..
- Garnish with mango slices and serve with mango puree (sauce).
Pour coconut milk into a large measuring cup or medium bowl. Fill empty can with water and add to coconut milk, whisking to combine. If you love coconut, love rice, and love something a little bit sweet, then Thai style sweet sticky rice is the perfect dish for you! The coconut and sugar/ sweetener create an amazingly creamy and delicious sauce that completely transforms the rice into a dessert that is out of this world. Typically, you would bring the water to a boil first before adding the rice, but for coconut rice you bring the milk, water, and rice all to a boil together.