Milk koluzkattai. You can replace coconut milk with almond milk, oat milk or cashew milk. But, the authentic recipe calls for coconut milk. Add the rice balls to the roll boiling milk only, at first the balls sink to the bottom, once it cooked it starts floating on the top automatically.
It can be prepared in many ways. Some prepare this using normal milk and some persons will prepare using coconut milk. It is a easy to do simple but very delicious recipe. You can cook Milk koluzkattai using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk koluzkattai
- It’s 1/2 liter of Milk.
- You need 1 cup of Rice flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s As required of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron.
Make them into round shaped kollukattais. Boil the milk with water and remaining sugar. Paal (Milk) Kozhukattai can be prepared in different methods. Following is the Thanjavur Style Paal Kozhukattai.
Milk koluzkattai step by step
- Take a mixing bowl. Add rice flour and add hot water as required. Make a tough. Let it cool for 5 min..
- Make a small balls with use of that flour tough. Keep aside..
- Heat a pan. Add 1/2 liter of milk and 1 cup of water and boil it. Cook for 20 mins..
- If the milk get thickened add saffron and boil it..
- Add all the rice balls into the milk and cook for 10min. Add 1 cup sugar and cook for 5 min..
- Switch off the gas and add coconut milk and mix it well. Now milk koluzkattai is ready..
This kozhukattai is prepared in the evening and served on banana leaf. Paal Kozhukattai (Milk Modak) is a traditional Pillayar Chaturthi recipe of Tamil Nadu. Some make this using regular milk also. This variation does not have any filling and is made using coconut milk, rice flour and jaggery. This is also called as Thengapaal Kozhukattai (Coconut Milk Kozhukattai) as coconut milk is used.