Black sticky rice pudding. Find Deals on Black Sticky Rice in Beans & Grains on Amazon. Black sticky rice (or black glutinous rice) is a naturally sweet, dark rice (dark purple more than black) that has both fiber and loads of antioxidants – which only makes this baked rice pudding extra enjoyable to eat. You can cook Thai black sticky rice on your stovetop or in your slow cooker or rice cooker.
Black Sticky Rice Pudding is a truly versatile recipe! It can be eaten hot or cold and topped with anything your heart desires. It's as delicious for breakfast as it is for dessert. You can have Black sticky rice pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black sticky rice pudding
- It’s 500 gms of Black sticky rice.
- You need 500 gms of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 liter of Coconut milk.
- It’s 200 gms of Ghee.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need As per taste of salt.
- It’s as required of Chopped nuts (optional).
It is gluten-free, full of fiber, vegan, and packed full of antioxidants. Black sticky rice pudding with coconut milk is an easy to make sweet and nutty dessert or snack, delicious with fruit and crispy coconut. Black Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk Many of the recipes for black rice pudding that I've come across online are made quite runny and served in a bowl, like the Indonesian dessert bubur ketan hitam , which. Black sticky rice, which like wild rice is unhulled, makes a rustic rice pudding loaded with far more flavor and texture than usual.
Black sticky rice pudding step by step
- Soak rice for 3 hours..
- Drain and spread on a cloth under fan to dry..
- Make powder, add sugar in coconut milk and mix well..
- Now add beaten egg with milk and mix well.
- Add flour slowly little by little and mix throughly. Add pinch of salt, add ghee and mix until the consistency like cake batter.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan, if you like spread chopped nuts on the top. Cover the pan with foil tightly and bake in steam for 40 min in medium flame.
- Can be serve hot or cold.
This version from chef Peerasri Montreeprasat at Sugar Club, a. Vietnamese Black Sticky Rice Pudding is thick and glossy with a consistency and texture somewhat like oatmeal. Because of its rich, nutty flavor, black sticky rice is usually eaten by itself and not served with fruits, like white sticky rice often is with mangoes. For toppings, stronger flavors like toasted sesame seeds or toasted shredded coconut do more to accentuate the natural flavor of the rice. The traditional recipe has only four basic ingredients: black sticky rice, coconut milk, pandan leaves (optional) and coconut sugar.