Coconut rice. Coconut rice is a Thai style rice that uses a slightly different method than you would normally use to cook rice. Typically, you would bring the water to a boil first before adding the rice, but. No salt because usually the main dish has enough.
Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to the lowest. Coconut milk lends rice both fat and sweetness, making it a richer, more mellow side than plain rice. You can cook Coconut rice using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut rice
- You need of Rice.
- You need of Carrots.
- You need of Green and red peppers.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Onions.
To make it, simply replace half of the cooking water with coconut milk. Martha Stewart Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Rinsing rice in lukewarm water removes excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming gummy once cooked. Coconut rice makes a terrific accompaniment to many Thai and Indian dishes, but it's equally wonderful with nearly any Western-style entrée.
Coconut rice instructions
- Parboil rice and keep aside to cool.
- In a pot, add coconut milk (if you don't have it you can get coconut, cut into tiny pieces, blend and sieve to extract the milk), chopped carrots, onions, red and green peppers..
- Add seasoning (it should be very small so as not to mask the sweet taste of the coconut).
- Cover and let it boil. Add the parboiled rice and stir to mix properly. Let it cook for some minutes..
- When the rice is cooked and dry, turn off heat and serve..
- Garnish with fried minced meat and chilli powder 😋😋 enjoy.
Quick and easy to make, this vegan coconut rice recipe will come in handy for those times when you want to make dinner extra special without a lot of extra work. Coconut rice is a wonderfully fragrant addition to any Asian-style meal, and it's easy to make too! Just simmer jasmine rice in coconut milk until the grains are light and fluffy then top with toasted coconut flakes for extra sweetness and texture. The go-to rice for many Thai and Indian dishes Cooking coconut rice is really not any different from cooking any other rice side dish (such as Basmati rice). The only difference is the addition of coconut milk and a pinch of sugar.