Coconut milk idly. Add Milk for adjusting idly batter consistency. Idlys will be so soft so handle with care. Serve hot with Coconut chutney or Spicy Red Chutney and Ghee.
For jaggery sauce, heat coconut milk and add jaggery powder. Serve warm idlis with warm coconut sauce. Adding the coconut in the beginning will make the oil to release from the coconut. You can cook Coconut milk idly using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut milk idly
- You need 2 cup of Idly rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sago,beaten rice each.
- You need 1/4 cup of Urad dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Thick coconut milk..
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
So always add the coconut in the end. Once the lentils are powdered, add in the coconut and pulse the mixture in the mixie a few times. Take caution not to grind for a long time after adding the coconut. Stop grinding when the mixture looks powdered.
Coconut milk idly instructions
- Soak idly rice, sago,beaten rice,and urad dal for two hours..
- Grind it into a thick batter..
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for 5 hrs..
- Then add sugar,andcoconut milk,and cook as idlies..
- Serve it with spicy chutney..
- For chutney.soak dry red chilliesand grindwith some salt,tamarind and asafoetida..
Coconut milk is an opaque, white liquid extracted from the meat of a mature coconut. The traditional method for making coconut milk involves grating coconut meat, mixing it with hot water, and pressing the liquid through a cheesecloth. This process produces a rich, fatty liquid known as coconut cream. Coconut flakes for dusting (optional) Oil for greasing the mould. In this case, replace the water with more milk.