Thengaipaal Kathirikai Rice/coconut milk brinjal rice. Kathrikkai Sadam – Brinjal Rice Recipe – How to make South Indian Kathrikkai Sadam – Easy Brinjal Rice Recipe – is a popular rice dish in Karnataka called as " Vangi Bath", prepared with brinjals stuffed with special spice blend and cooked along with rice. Our family style kathrikkai sadam, a recipe passed on to me from one of my favorite granny late Mrs. Lauki Raita or Bottle Gourd Raita Recipe – Another example of using the Bottle Gourd vegetable for picky eaters.
Note – The Process of Cooking Brown Rice has been explained above. Thengai Paal Sadam Recipe / Coconut Milk Rice is a variety of plain biryani cooked in coconut milk. It can also be named as kuska rice / Coconut Milk Pulao. You can have Thengaipaal Kathirikai Rice/coconut milk brinjal rice using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thengaipaal Kathirikai Rice/coconut milk brinjal rice
- Prepare 2 cups of – basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 of – Onions.
- Prepare 1 of – Tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of – pudina leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of – chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1 cup of – coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of – bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of – small cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of – Cloves.
- You need 2 of – Cardamom.
- You need 3 tbsp of – oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of – Water.
- You need 3/4 tsp of – chilli powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of – coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of – turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of – Garam masala.
- It’s As per taste of Salt -.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – curd.
- You need 1 tsp of – Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – soya chunks(optional).
- Prepare 3 of – Brinjals.
This is an authentic dish of Tamilnadu mostly know to people in the southern part of Tamilnadu. Cut brinjal into cubes or lengthwise. It is served with Vegetable kurma or Brinjal gravy as side dish in marriage feast and road side hotels. Take a pressure cooker and fill it with one inch of water.
Thengaipaal Kathirikai Rice/coconut milk brinjal rice instructions
- Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes..
- Chop onion, tomato and brinjal. Make ginger garlic paste.slit two green chillies in center. Chop coriander and mint leaves..
- Cook soya chunks in hot water by adding little bit of water. Strain it once cooked.
- Heat oil in a cooker add fennel seeds, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Now add onions and fry till the onions turn golden brown..
- Now add green chilli and mix it and then add ginger-garlic paste..
- Next, add pudina and coriander leaves and mix it well for a minute. Next add tomato and stir it..
- Now add brinjal and mix it for a minute and then add soya chunks mix it..
- Add curd and mix it. Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala..
- Add one cup of coconut milk and two cups of water and once the water starts to boil add rice..
- Add one tsp lemon juice and mix it..
- Pressure cook it for two whistles in high flame..
- Serve it with raita.
A STAPLE dish in many Ceylonese households is the brinjal coconut milk curry (kathrikkai paal curry), eaten with rice or puttu (steamed ground rice and coconut cylinders). You can easily substitute store bought coconut milk if you cannot find fresh ones in your part of the world or you are in a hurry. This Brinjal masala or gravy is a great side dish for coconut rice and vegetable pulao. I came to know of this combo from my friend and from that day onwards, whenever I prepare coconut rice, I prepare this as a side dish. Try it and I am sure you are going to love this combo.