Coconut milk rice. Rinse and drain rice in cold water. Place in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt. Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil.
BRING coconut milk, water, sugar, lime leaf and salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to … Combine coconut milk, water, rice, and salt in the bowl of your rice cooker. Set the rice cooker to the quick cook setting and start the cycle. You can have Coconut milk rice using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut milk rice
- It’s 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of Onion medium size (thinly sliced).
- It’s 5-6 of Garlic cloves (thinly sliced).
- You need 1-2 of Green chilli (slit).
- You need 1 cup of Carrot (diced).
- Prepare 1 cup of Green peas.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 3-4 of Cardamom.
- It’s 4-5 of Clove.
- You need 1” piece of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chilli powder.
- You need a few springs of Mint & coriander.
Place rice in a fine strainer, and rinse with cold water until water runs clear. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium high heat. Coconut Rice This easy coconut rice is rich, aromatic and delicious! Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Coconut milk rice instructions
- Cut the vegetables and keep it ready.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for about 20 minutes.
- If possible, prepare coconut milk from fresh coconut by grinding it with a little water and extracting the milk. Else use canned milk..
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee. Add the spices and let it splutter.Once the spices turn aromat, add the garlic and green chilli and sauté till the raw smell leaves. Then add the onions and sauté till it turns translucent..
- Then add a few springs of mint leaves.
- Sauté for a while and then add the carrots and peas. (Beans, potato can also be added) sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes..
- Now add the rice, coconut milk and water. Normally, the ratio of rice to water is 1:2. In this case, add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Add the required salt..
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Once the pressure releases, open the lid and fluff the rice gently with a fork..
- Garnish with coriander. NOTE : * The recipe doesn’t call for any additional spice/ masala powder. The only spice element is green chilli. Hence adjust the spice level as per needs..
- Since it’s a mild spice rice dish, I’m pairing it with a spicy potato roast..
- For the potato roast, peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices..
- In a bowl, mix chilli powder and salt (as per requirements) Marinate the potato slices in the powder mix and let it sit for 10 minutes..
- Heat a pan/tawa ; heat oil and then add the potato slices. Do not overcrowd the tawa, if the quantity is more, cook in batches..
- Flip the pieces and cook evenly on both the sides. Drizzle oil as needed..
Cover and reduce heat to low. Rinse the rice and drain well. Place it in a pot along with the coconut milk, water, and salt. Set over medium-high to high heat. The rice is fluffy and light and has a special aroma from the kaffir lime leaves or pandam leaves.