Cheesy Tuna & Mixed Veg Bake. Gently fold pasta into the soup mixture and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top. In a bowl, mix together tuna, celery, mayonnaise and salt.
Full of pantry staples, the dish comes together quickly. Make the casserole sauce, pour it over your favorite noodles, top it with cheese, and bake it off for a new weeknight staple. In a bowl, combine soup and milk; stir in tuna and cheeses. You can cook Cheesy Tuna & Mixed Veg Bake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tuna & Mixed Veg Bake
- Prepare 1/2-1 of Romanesco Broccoli.
- It’s 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 4 of fresh tomatoes, red & yellow.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s Handful of Romano / flat beans.
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 80 g of Cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
- You need 25 g of butter.
- Prepare 25 g of plain flour.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sprinkle of mixed herbs.
- It’s 1 can of line caught Tuna.
- You need 1 of small squash.
Combine tuna, green onion, mayo and pickles. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Place one slice of cheese on a slice of bread and top with tuna. Add another slice of cheese, and top with a second piece of sourdough.
Cheesy Tuna & Mixed Veg Bake instructions
- Peel & chop your veggies, chunky pieces are good. Boil the tougher veg until slightly soft to speed up cooking times. Place in a pan suitable for roasting. Preheat oven to around 190..
- Use a garlic crusher and mix 1-2 cloves depending on size in with the veggies and herbs of choice. Mix in the tuna.
- Make your cheese sauce! If you have loads of veggies double the quantities to make more cheesy sauce. Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 mins. Take the pan off the heat, stirring in the milk until smooth. Return to heat and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 mins and slowly stir in the grated cheese. Mix the sauce over the veggies. Bake for 25 mins, use the grill to get a nice crispy top..
- I forgot to take a pic of the lovely crispy top as was too keen to eat 😳.
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, microwave vegetables as directed on package. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir in the milk, butter and contents of cheese packet. Add the soup, tuna, peas, onion and cheese sauce.