Yellow Squash Bake. Yellow Squash Bake Golden, crumb-topped oven entrees are the quintessential image of comfort food and this one fits the picture perfectly. "A friend gave me the recipe," Lisa Eldridge writes from Topeka, Kansas. In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute squash and onion until crisp-tender.
Add the squash to a small ovenproof baking dish. This easy oven baked Parmesan Yellow Squash is a tasty snack, appetizer, or vegetable side dish! Slice your yellow squash, top it with seasoning and Parmesan cheese and bake until golden!! You can cook Yellow Squash Bake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yellow Squash Bake
- Prepare 3 small of yellow squash-cubed.
- It’s 6 slice of bacon-cooked and chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red onion-diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, including stems.
- It’s 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of prepared stuffing mix.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese-grated plus 1/4 cup for topping.
- It’s 1/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley pkus a dash of parsley for topping garnish.
Simply delicious, golden baked Parmesan coated yellow squash rounds are the perfect anytime snack or side dish!! Pour in a small amount of water. In a medium bowl combineyellow squash, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper andtoss to mix. Baked yellow squash makes a hearty and healthy meal, especially if you accentuate it by adding tasty toppings like low-fat cheese or crispy breadcrumbs.
Yellow Squash Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º..
- Add squash, mushrooms and onion to large skillet..
- Add teriyaki sauce, garlic, salt, parsley and sage..
- Cook until mushrooms are softly cooked over medium heat..
- Put prepared stuffing in a large bowl..
- Cut bacon into small pieces..
- Add bacon, stuffing mix and squash mixture into large bowl. Mix well..
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan. Mix well..
- Put mixture into a 8×9 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray..
- Dust the top of mixture with bread crumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Add a dash of parsley for color. Bake for 30-35 minutes..
Baked yellow squash makes a hearty and healthy meal, especially if you accentuate it by adding tasty toppings like low-fat cheese or crispy breadcrumbs. Lightly sprinkle the squash with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use a small spoon to spread a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on each slice of squash. View Recipe this link opens in a new tab. Let's kick things off with a classic.