Zucchini Squash Bake. Add the sliced squash and zucchini to a large bowl, and add olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper. The Best Baked Zucchini Yellow Squash Recipes on Yummly In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash and shallots.
It's a combination of the two kinds of summer squash—yellow and zucchini—sliced and then baked to perfection with garlic, butter, breadcrumbs, and grated Parmesan cheese. This easy squash bake is an excellent side dish for a summer cookout or everyday dinner. This Parmesan Squash Casserole is one of my favorite ways to use up our abundance of squash and zucchini in the garden. You can cook Zucchini Squash Bake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Squash Bake
- You need 1 lb of zucchini.
- You need 1 lb of squash.
- Prepare 1/4 of each sliced yellow onion (if desired).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
Beautiful green, yellow and red colors create a vibrant side dish that complements many main meals and my kids love all the cheese layered in this glorious casserole. Plus, it's so easy to make! You'll know the dish is done when the zucchini turns golden brown. This gives the zucchini a richer, deeper brown and preserves some of the vegetable's crisp texture.
Zucchini Squash Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice zucchini Squash and onion and place in 8×8 baking dish.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and mix well.
- Spread evenly over top of vegetables..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Whisk together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. In a large bowl, mix them with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and kosher salt. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Zucchini and yellow squash are baked into a bubbling, cheesy casserole for a crowd-pleasing side dish. Zucchini and yellow squash are baked into a bubbling, cheesy casserole for a crowd-pleasing side dish.