Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Broccoli Bake. Remove squash from the oven and let cool. My mother in law showed us how to cook it then we took it one step further and added a whole bunch of goodies! I've been into making fresh foods into bowls lately so this worked perfectly!
Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until fond (browned bits from the sausage) is absorbed by the onions. Add anchovies, cayenne, red pepper, salt and pepper. Add tomato paste; let brown before stirring in. You can have Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Broccoli Bake using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Broccoli Bake
- It’s 1 large of spaghetti squash.
- You need 2 medium of heads of broccoli.
- You need 1 of package favorite sausage.
- It’s 2 piece of of bacon.
- You need 1 large of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of handful fresh cranberries (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
Remove from oven and cool until easily handled. Use a fork to scrape out the "spaghetti" into a mixing bowl. To the squash, add egg (beaten), Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds.
Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Broccoli Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the top off your squash. Then cut your spaghetti squash length wise down the middle. Be very careful as this can be dangerous! Spoon out all the yucky insides , the guts and seeds..
- Brush your olive oil onto your squash flesh side. Add your favorite spices now as well..
- Lay your squash oil side down on a baking sheet..
- Bake for 45 minutes. In the meantime….
- Throw one tablespoon of your coconut oil to a frying pan. Add your cut broccoli . Slowly add sliced red peppers. Once it's all nice and steamy you can add your optional handful of fresh cranberries. This gives it a good bite..
- Add your second tablespoon of coconut oil and sausage to another frying pan and brown..
- Once the sausage is cooked you can set aside and give the pan a once over with a paper towel and use it to cook your bacon..
- Once your squash has done it's 45 minutes you can take it out and use a fork to start "spaghettifying" it. You'll notice there is a lot. Take some out to make room and add it to your cooking veggies. Fry all together..
- Add your veggie mix and sausage to your squash bowl. Crumble your bacon on top. You can also add shredded cheese or shake cheese if your diet allows..
- Bake for 25 min. Enjoy!.
Place halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate. spaghetti squash and sausage bake Creamy, cheesy, and deliciously comforting, this spaghetti squash recipe is rich and satisfying enough to be served as a main dish but works well as a side too. It's a healthier, lower carb alternative to a pasta dish, and is a great Weight Watchers recipe. Remove from the oven and cool until easily handled.