Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake. Combine garlic, salt, pepper, and sage in a small bowl. Combine potatoes and squash and chicken and toss with ghee, oil and spice mixture. Arrange vegetable mixture around chicken in large baking pan.
We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake Jump to: Recipe Weight Loss Tips Before you jump to Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart. Remove chicken from roasting pan, and cover with tin foil to keep warm. You can cook Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake
- It’s 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- You need 8 of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- It’s 3 of red onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- It’s 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 700 ml of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- You need 4 tbsp of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
Serve chicken with squash and potatoes. Put the butternut squash, potatoes, ground coriander, thyme, stock and garlic into a flameproof casserole. Lightly season the chicken pieces with salt. Add the chicken, diced potato and squash to the skillet and stir to coat with the seasonings.
Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
Stir in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a. Pour apple cider over the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice; stir to coat vegetables. Rub chicken legs with unsalted butter and place atop vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped parsley as garnish if desired.