Dome Shaped Meatloaf. Great recipe for Dome Shaped Meatloaf. When there is a visitor or a special dinner planned, this dish will please your guests. You can change the meatloaf or potato salad ingredients to your liking.
You can see my loaves are uniform rectangles – or as close as I could get. You need a HOT side of the grill (with direct heat) and a side with indirect heat. Pat the meat into a dome-shaped top. You can cook Dome Shaped Meatloaf using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dome Shaped Meatloaf
- You need 300 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- You need 100 ml of Panko.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Ingredients for potato salad.
- You need 3 large of Potatoes.
- You need 2 slice of Sliced ham.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn.
- You need 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Ingredients for the sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Grain mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of Honey.
For the sauce, mix together the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf. Press meat into a loaf shaped pan, forming a dome shape. Brush top with ketchup and sprinkle with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Dome Shaped Meatloaf step by step
- For the potato salad, peel the potatoes and chop into small chunks. Microwave (500-600w) for 6 minutes, and roughly mash while hot..
- Cut the ham into 5mm cubes. Add the corn..
- Combine the ingredients from steps 1 and 2. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the mayonnaise..
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 390F/200C..
- For the meatloaf, mince the onion and carrot..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add the carrot and onion. Cook until softened..
- Combine the panko and milk..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground meat and the ingredients from steps 6 and 7. Add the egg, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, the seasonings. Knead until the mixture is slightly sticky..
- Grease the outside of a 20cm diameter bowl with oil (not listed). Press the meat mixture along the bowl and make an indentation in the middle..
- Fill with the potato salad from step 3..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Turn over the bowl from step 10 onto the baking tray. Cook in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes..
- When it's done baking, pull the parchment paper to slide the loaf onto a serving platter..
- Top with on the sauce from 4. Cut the meatloaf into portions, and serve. You can garnish with vegetables of your choice (not listed)..
- If you want to heat up the sauce, put in a heat-proof container and set on top of your oven. You could also heat it in a saucepan..
Baste occasionally with additional ketchup during cooking, being careful not to allow oven to get cold or additional cooking time will be required. Line a baking sheet with foil. Last week, home cooks across the country went searching for the best meatloaf recipe, and found it in The Best Meatloaf I've Ever Made. This must mean the title is spot on. Allrecipes member Lisa Wiedrich says, "Best meatloaf recipe ever!